Randy Hughes (Mr. Land Trust) has written extensively for local and national real estate publications. He has taught real estate classes for many years at the University of Illinois, Parkland College and Elgin Community College.
He teaches classes on how to use land trusts to protect your assets and how to become more private with your personal life. He also teaches Land Trust law and administration, authors the only Land Trust Newsletter and Blog in the country, is the founder of the Land Trust University.
He has written Privacy and Asset Protection books as well as home study courses. Randy’s most popular publications are his Land Trusts Made Simple!® home study courses and live seminars.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The mastermind trip that Randy and Mitch are both involved in
- Randy’s background and how he got involved in real estate
- Matching up your goals so that your life looks the way you want it to
- The niche and location that Randy focuses on
- Why Randy only invests in just his state
- Why everything in real estate is predicated on your ability to assess value
- Why your success as a buy-and-hold person comes down to your ability to find great managers
- Why flipping properties is not as easy as it seems on TV
- Randy’s 50 Reasons to use a Land Trust report
- How to use land trusts to protect your assets, and keep more money as a result
- Why you should use Land Trusts to get titles out of your name
- Why you shouldn’t become partners with anyone -- you can do business together -- but don’t become partners
- How Land Trusts help from a personal safety standpoint
- How Land Trusts give you the same tax benefits of owning property without a lot of the out-of-your-control risks that come with owning property in your own name
- The classes Randy and I are teaching in Los Angeles in February
- Why buying options is a great opportunity in real estate
- The great book that Randy is currently reading that is changing his life
- What’s next for Randy