Matt Lamont started off in real estate in 2001 as a loan officer and was a top producer and sales trainer throughout his career in the mortgage industry.
Matt now handles public relations and leads the Strategic Partnership department of the real estate data company Benutech Inc.
Benutech is best known for their award-winning software Rebogateway, which identifies homeowners who have a life event that would cause them to sell their home in the immediate future.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How the Rebogateway software started & how it helps identify sellers
- A shortcut way to find out if a property is vacant or is in poor condition
- A new tool that is being developed for title companies, Title Toolbox
- How the Title Toolbox was repurposed into the Investor Toolbox
- Why you need to have at least a 2-5% response rate from your mailers
- Why sales skills aren’t taught in school & why they should be
- The benefits of knowing what’s going on in real time in a homeowner’s life if you’re an investor
- A strategic method that is used to look for homes in specific neighborhoods
- Why you need to be thinking outside of the box in order to find new leads